Recovery Loan Scheme
The Recovery Loan Scheme (RLS) launched on 6 April 2021 and supports access to finance for UK businesses as they recover and grow following the Covid-19 pandemic.
RLS aims to help businesses affected by Covid-19 and can be used for business purposes, including, managing cashflow, investment and growth. It is designed to support businesses that can afford to take out additional finance for these purposes. Businesses who have taken out a CBILS, CLBILS or BBLS facility are able to access the new scheme.
A key aim of the Recovery Loan Scheme is to improve the terms on offer to businesses, but if a lender can offer a business the choice of a commercial loan on better terms, without requiring the guarantee provided by the RLS, they should do so.
The Scheme will run until 31 December 2021, subject to review.
How can Finance For Enterprise support your business?
Finance For Enterprise may be able to provide access to lending to support your business if:
- You are looking to access business lending up to the value of up to £250,000
- Your business is based in :
- Yorkshire and The Humber
- East Midlands
- Your application to RLS has been rejected by a traditional high street lender (for example, a bank)
Features of the Recovery Loan Scheme:
- The maximum amount of lending provided by Finance For Enterprise through the Recovery Loan Scheme is £250,000. The minimum facility size £25,001.
- Term length: Finance For Enterprise is accredited to deliver term loans which are available from three months up to five years.
- Interest and fees to be paid by the borrower from the outset: Businesses are required to meet the costs of interest payments and any fees associated with the RLS facility.
- Access to multiple Covid-19 schemes: Businesses that have taken out a CBILS, CLBILS or BBLS facility are able to access the new scheme although the amount they have borrowed under a previous scheme may in certain circumstances limit the amount they may borrow under RLS.
- Personal Guarantees: Personal guarantees are not permitted for facilities of £250,000 or less. Above £250,000 the maximum amount that can be covered under RLS is capped at a maximum of 20% of the outstanding balance of the RLS facility after the proceeds of business assets have been applied. No personal guarantees can be held over Principal Private Residences.
- Guarantee to the Lender: The scheme provides the lender with a Government-backed guarantee against the outstanding balance of the facility. The borrower always remains 100% liable for the debt.
- Covid-19 impact: The borrower must confirm to the lender that it has been impacted by Covid-19.
- UK-based: The borrower must be carrying out trading activity in the UK.
- Viability test: The lender will consider that the borrower has a viable business proposition but may disregard any concerns over its short-to-medium term business performance due to the uncertainty and impact of Covid-19.
- Credit and fraud checks for all applicants: Lenders will be required to undertake credit and fraud checks for all applicants. The checks and approach may vary between lenders.
– Turnover limit: There is no turnover restriction for businesses accessing the scheme.
Please note: The following are not eligible under RLS:
- Banks, Building Societies, Insurers and Reinsurers (excluding Insurance Brokers)
- Public sector bodies.
- State funded primary and secondary schools.
How to apply:
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance and we will assign you with a dedicated Investment Manager to discuss your application.
Your application should be supported by a clear business plan, outlining the viability of your business, including financial forecasts and annual accounts.
Additional support for your business:
Finance For Enterprise delivers a wide range of tailored lending packages to suit businesses of all sizes. To find out more about how we can help you, call our team of dedicated Investment Management team on 0333 014 3455.
The British Business Bank has a range of guidance and resources available to all businesses, including content on managing your cashflow and a list of independent advice services. To find out more, visit: https://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/finance-hub/
The Recovery Loan Scheme is managed by the British Business Bank on behalf of, and with the financial backing of, the Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. British Business Bank plc is a development bank wholly owned by HM Government. It is not authorised or regulated by the PRA or the FCA. Visit http://www.british-business-bank.co.uk/recovery-loan-scheme